How to check HTML pages for mistakes.
- Description: Single page or site analysis based on form input URL. This
online tool offers suggestions for errors detected in a given
document or site, with alltests as default, or optional user
- Last checked: 4/2/1999 15:50:12
- Description: An interactive HTML validator which allows validation
based on various standards and which will work in the
foreground (wait for browser displayed results) or mail you the
results of an entire site validation.
- Last checked: 4/2/1999 15:54:28
W3C HTML Validation Service
- Last checked: 2/27/2001 06:08:10
Weblint Home Page
- Description: Neil Bowers' excellent syntax and style checker for HTML documents:
a Perl script which you can download and install on your system .
Weblint looks for some common HTML problems, specifically targeted to
finding things which are known to confound existing Web browsers. See the list of WWW Weblint gateways.
- Last checked: 4/2/1999 15:58:44
Online Weblint Service
- Description: Clay Webster provides this Web interface to Weblint,
which allows you to remove syntax errors by specifying URLs or HTML code.
- Last checked: 4/2/1999 15:59:35
htmlchek: a HTML syntax and cross-reference checke
- Description: Henry Churchyard's awk or perl scripts, which check syntax,
do local cross-reference checking, translate dangerous 8-bit
characters to their HTML entities, generate tables of contents,
- Last checked: 4/2/1999 16:01:06
Spyglass HTML Validator
- Description: A FREE standalone (offline) validator for Windows95 users.
- Last checked: 4/2/1999 16:01:49
CSE 3310 HTML Validator
- Description: This is a shareware (150 document trial) offline html
validator for 32 bit (win95 and NT) based machines with drag
& drop support and integration with some html editors.
- Last checked: 4/2/1999 16:02:20
- Description: A shareware (30 day trial) 32 bit (win95 & NT) suite of site
management utilities. Among other capabilities, this tool
verifies links and syntax of references.
- Last checked: 4/2/1999 16:07:43
- Description: A shareware (14 day trial) server based PERL script (Unix
and NT) which will verify internal and external links and
generate site maps. Requires shell access to your server, PERL
5 or higher, and the ability to run CGI scripts.
- Last checked: 4/2/1999 16:09:18